Do you find that a lot of the personality development articles give you tips and quotes that are not quite relevant to today’s problems?
Perhaps, they aren’t practical and implementable? The words of advice from an Urban monk will help.
Well, I too faced the same issue.
When I was growing up, I’d often go online to read and watch inspirational content. While some of them did fill me up with energy and enthusiasm, a lot of the times, this feeling was short-lived.
When I returned to my real life, the words of motivation just did not translate into tangible action.
I wondered why!
Later, I came across a motivational speaker – Jay Shetty. He seemed to be one amongst very few speakers whose words really had a lasting impact on me.
This was probably because his words were actionable.
Relevant. Simple. And most importantly, Relatable.
So I’ve put together a list of my favourite 13 Jay Shetty Quotes because I reckon you might have faced similar problems as me.
The Urban Monk’s Words Of Advice
1. “Swap ‘Why is this happening to me?’ to ‘What is this trying to teach me?’. It will change everything.”
2. “Best lesson I have learned in life came from the worst feeling I ever felt in life.”
3. “I don’t hate you but I am done investing my time in you.”
4. “Choose people who choose you.”
5. “You are still young and you aren’t supposed to have your whole life figured out yet. Don’t stress. Everything will work out.”
6. “If we never learn to be alone we will always feel lonely.”
7. “Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.”
8. “What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it.”
9. “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings, from new people, new energy, new surroundings, new challenges. Embrace new chances at happiness.”
10. “When you are not sure, flip a coin because while the coin is in the air, you realize which one you are actually hoping for.”
11. “The interesting thing is, those opinions didn't change the world, but the people behind the ideas did.”
12. “If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice.”
13. “I'm always opening 1000 doors. Everyone sees the 10 that stay open. That’s the key to growth.”
P.S. Which one is your favourite?